Apache OpenOffice Product Description
Compatible with other major office suites, Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use, and distribute. Download it now, and get:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impressthe fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Why Apache OpenOffice?¶
Apache OpenOffice is synonymous with quality:
- The roots of Apache OpenOffice go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- Many millions of users
- Independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- With a fully open development process, Apache OpenOffice has nothing to hide - the product stands or falls on its reputation
Apache OpenOffice is easy to use:
- The software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- It's easy to change to Apache OpenOffice - the software reads all major competitors' files
- Few language barriers - if it's not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
Apache OpenOffice is free software:
- You may download Apache OpenOffice completely free of any license fees
- Install it on as many PCs as you like
- Use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial...
- Pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
Apache OpenOffice is standards compliant: